Welcome back! And welcome to April! We hope you had an opportunity to try some of the crafts we posted earlier. We particularly liked the reaction ball. Highly encourage you to make one, it will help increase your hand eye coordination and your reaction time!
Also, if you listened to the interview I did with Coach/Dr. Ron Miller, most important that you can do when you cannot get to the fencing room is to practice your footwork! Hopefully over the weekend, I’ll post all 12 footwork chains for your to practice and view online.
Here is this weeks On Strip/At Home Video Training Series:
Again, if you want to do the whole training in one session, it’s about an hour long, and we encourage you to stretch prior to starting. If you want to skip to different sections or visit a different section on another day, here are the links:
- Warm Ups (0:45): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=46
- Fencing Games – Tennis Ball Hand Eye Coordination (8:24): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=504
- Footwork Exercises: (16:39): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=999
- Point Control Exercises (24:37): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=1477
- Bladework Review (38:31, need a partner): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=2311
- Tactical Exercise (57:11, need a partner): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To
- Cool Down Game/Exercise (1:03:21, need a partner): https://youtu.be/6n_-b4gF_To?t=3801
Based on guidelines from USA Fencing, we must say this about our videos: “You participate in any workout that we post at your own risk. Any equipment you choose to use to learn, play or participate in any fencing activity is your choice and responsibility and you personally assume your own risk or risk to any participants. The All-American Fencing Academy and/or USA Fencing will not be liable or responsible to any injuries or damages that may occur as a result of your participation, to those around you, or to any of your surroundings.”
- Complete AAFA On Strip/At Home Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRoSLhb3uVcOKf0dxKmdP85MAIWCHYGL
- Complete AAFA On Strip/At Home Audio Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZwyrCZGuBA&list=PLzRoSLhb3uVdoymNWG_bGzkusCyrdhk-v
- Training DIY Crafts Playlist (including other DIY we found helpful): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRoSLhb3uVfHwcUw-TjtDv-wB-BiOaQk
- Other at home training favorites: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRoSLhb3uVej4vBJIHgZS8arRnPHTAOe
Want to buy equipment?
Absolute Fencing Gear is still taking and mailing orders (I just ordered some equipment)
- Current deal: Free glove with mask purchase
- Well, since you have a glove and mask, might as well get a weapon!
Thank you to our On Strip/At Home Sponsors
- Fox Bookkeeping: https://www.facebook.com/Fox-Bookkeeping-484085878994066/
- Steven C. McRae, P.A.: http://stevemcraelaw.com/
- Matthew Woods VO: http://matthewwoodsvo.com/
Stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll see you next time.