Micro Fencing Camps Beginner
To accommodate for safety and health of our campers. In all our camps, students always use the same uniform pieces and equipment all throughout camp. Face masks are OPTIONAL during camp. We do have a water fountain, but it will not be available during camp. We will have bottles of water in the fridge, but we also encourage bringing your big bottle of water. We will be taking every precaution for the safety of your children and our coaches. We do encourage that our parents take the opportunity to enjoy Downtown Fayetteville during camp time as seating space may not be available for all of our family members.
The All-American Fencing Academy is now taking registrations for a late summer Beginner Fencing Micro Camp!
No experience is needed and we provide all the equipment! Fencers will learn beginner footwork, blade work, and bouting. Fencing camp will be taught by the senior competitive members of the All-American Fencing Academy!
Beginner Summer Micro Camp: $80
You will receive a link after you complete the registration form for online payment. Registration is not complete and placement not guaranteed until payment is submitted.
Date and Time
August 6-7, 2022, 10AM-1PM (Saturday/Sunday)
7-12 and Teens (school age)
Please bring a small bagged lunch, we’ll have a short lunch break at 11:30PM
If there are any updates we will e-mail everyone, and you will see reminder e-mails near the end of July. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 910-644-0137 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Downtown Parking – IMPORTANT!
If you plan on staying with your children, make sure you understand Downtown Fayetteville paid parking guidelines: https://www.allamericanfencing.com/parking/
207 B Donaldson St.
Fayetteville, NC 28301
2 days, 3 hours each.
All equipment is provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
AAFA Fencing Camp Shirts Available Online
Look stylish for camp! Show off that you learned to play with swords! A memento for your time at the All-American Fencing Academy. Whatever the reason, All-American Fencing Academy Beginner Fencing Camp shirts are available online through Amazon.
Why should your child try fencing?
Why should your child try fencing? Here are some reasons:
- Fencing is an individual sport, so it is ideal for kids who prefer to be in control of their own success or failure.
- Fencing requires a great deal of mental focus without realizing it. In order to be successful, you need to plan your next move and watch your opponent’s moves. Fencing can be an extremely useful tool in training a child’s ability to focus and this new-found ability can carry over into academics and other areas of the child’s life.
- Fencers develop good hand-eye coordination, balance, and quick reflexes.
- Fencing is a great activity for all kinds of kids, even those who may have difficulty with other organized sports. Because this sport is so unique, children are required to learn how to control their body in a way different than they ever have before. In some ways it is similar to ballet, gymnastics, or figure skating, and kids who have enjoyed these activities have transitioned well into fencing. (With fencing, though, you get a weapon!) The real advantage, however, is how this newness forces the child to have to pay attention and focus in class. This, along with the individual aspect of the sport, can be quite beneficial for children with learning disabilities or ADHD.
- Many fencers go on to compete even after high school and include fencing as a unique extra-curricular activity when they apply to college. There are many collegiate fencing programs, and while not everyone will make it to the NCAA level, many universities have club programs which allow fencers to continue this healthy, stress-relieving activity into adulthood.
- Finally, fencing teaches many important life lessons. In this day and age, a lot of children have come to believe that everyone must be a winner all of the time. Consequently they have a hard time learning how to learn from a loss. I think fencing provides that opportunity in a safe environment so a discussion can be had and they can learn how to react appropriately and go on to set attainable goals.