Ok. Fingers crossed, we’re inching closer to a possible reopening in July. I know everyone is excited, as am I. As I’ve always said, I want to be super cautious. I care about everyone’s health and safety and my own. We all know at present, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19 infection, but we can do our due diligence to mitigate our exposure. But we’ll get to that.
First, here is this week’s class!
- Updates: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=2
- Warmups: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=114
- Footwork: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=378
- Bladework: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=1015
- Skill Work: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=2037
- Cool Down: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=3008
- Outtake: https://youtu.be/bArZ6uT_kkA?t=3301
One of the ways you can help us mitigate our risk factors is getting a mask and free glove deal from Absolute Fencing Gear. https://www.absolutefencinggear.com/shopping/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=foil+mask&x=0&y=0
If you are thinking of getting a full set, feel free to give us a call to help you out.
LIVE ZOOM CLASSES
As we push to returning, we’re going to try some live ZOOM classes during the last three weeks of June. This will be a new process for me, as I will have to change how I teach! Teaching a recorded video a live class is much different than how I will have to approach teaching a class by live video.
- Be prepared to have a phone or computer/laptop you can participate with.
- Get a ZOOM Account!
- Class will be 40 minutes long
- Try to have a “weapon”! If you have your own fencing weapon, great. Otherwise have an alternate like a pool noodle, or DIY PEX pipe weapon.
- You may need a wall target.
- Have plenty of space! And have your shoes on! (Pants too please. 🙂 )
Zoom Class Schedule
- Youth Classes (If you typically meet on Tuesdays at 6PM, or are a beginner student age 7-12): 6:30PM, June 9, 16, 23
- Teen, Adult Classes, Age 40+ (If you typically meet on Tuesdays at 7PM, Wednesdays at 6:15PM, or are a beginner student age 13+): 6:30PM, June 10, 17, 24
I will send details and links to the classes by e-mail.
Very Short Time Killer:
“We were asked by the International Fencing Federation to create a dynamic video remix of famous fencing and sword fighting scenes from films for their gala event in Paris, closing their 105th conference. The video was to introduce a number of famous actors, who can also fence, who were appearing at the event to talk about fencing – including Uma Thurman, Milla Jovovich and veteran French actor Alain Delon who was famous for playing Zorro in the 1970s.”
Please go over our previous post about what to expect when you return.
Also, USA Fencing also released some recommended guidelines about a return to fencing. We will be following some of their guidelines. https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1106819