I’ve created a one stop website for our fencers and families. I’ve discovered some common questions that I get asked all the time, and by all means, please keep asking! I’m always happy to respond and explain.
However, you can find the answers to many of your questions at the Fencers and Family One Stop (https://www.allamericanfencing.com/fencersandfamilyonestop/) The page includes:
- Downloadable pdf of a schedule of tournaments Coach is hosting and most likely attending or brining fencers.
- Link to all AAFA tournaments on AskFred
- Link to all NC tournaments on AskFred
- Link to all USA Fencing National and Regional events.
- Tournament Guide
- Equipment Purchase Guides
- Guide to Fencing Shoes
- Links to stay connected with up to date AAFA news.
- Link to join or renew USA Fencing Membership
- Tournament Age classification Chart
- Links to all our team wear
Charlotte North American Cup
We have 3 fencers competing in the Charlotte North American Cup, Coach Gerhard, Isabelle Guevarra, and Andrew Wiggs. However, it is free and open to the public, so we encourage everyone to stop by, cheer on your teammates, watch some great fencing, and maybe purchase some equipment!
The Charlotte North American Cup will also feature Division 1 Championship where you can watch some previous Olympians competing. The event occurs from April 21-24. Coach, Isabelle, and Andrew will all be competing Sunday morning, April 24, 2022 starting at 8AM.
If you want to see Olympians:
Division 1 Men’s Foil: Friday, April 22, 2022, starts at 8AM. They usually try to announce the time of the finals, but they haven’t yet.
People to watch: Alexander Massialas, Gerek Meinhardt, Nick Itkin, Miles Chamley-Watson
Division 1 Women’s Foil: Friday, April 22, 2022, starts at 1PM. They usually try to announce the time of the finals, but they haven’t yet.
I currently don’t see any prior Olympians registered for the Division 1 Men’s Foil Championships.
- There is no spectator/visitor fee.
- Attendees can make a profile and upload their vaccination card, bring the physical vaccination card, a picture of the vaccination card along with an ID.
- If the attendee is not vaccinated, then they will need to make a profile and fill out an exemption as well as provide a nagative test result within 72 hours upon arrival.
Equipment Suppliers that will be on site: